Code of Conduct
The basis for conduct in the library is respect for its use by all patrons and staff.
PATRON CODE OF CONDUCT
- Careful use of library materials and property
- Adherence to the rules of circulating materials
- Quiet talk
- Respect for the privacy of other patrons
- Respectful discourse with staff and other patrons
The following behaviors are prohibited:
- Leaving children under age 8 unattended by a responsible person at least 16 years of age
- Any behavior including noise that is disruptive to library use
- Abusive or obscene language, racial or ethnic epithets, slurs against gender or gender preference
- Abuse, improper or unsafe use, or rearrangement of furniture, equipment or materials
- Monopolizing or obstructing space and seating
- Damage, tampering or theft of any property belonging to the Library or another patron
- Distributing or posting unauthorized materials
- Smoking anywhere on Library property
- Having bodily hygiene offensive so as to constitute a nuisance to other persons. Such patron shall be required to leave the building.
- Shirt and shoes are required, and all private parts covered.
- Entering staff areas
Depending on the severity of the violation individuals who have been asked to leave the building may be barred from returning to the library. Parents or guardians of minors will be notified. The Library Administration is responsible for maintaining order in the Library.
–Muriel F. Verdibello, Director
The Board of Education’s full policy is available by contacting the Administration Office at 845-563-3605, or under Governing Policies.