Newburgh Library Collaborative
The combined resources and services of three major libraries are available to all of Newburgh through the Newburgh Library Collaborative.
That’s over 500,000 books and 100 library staffers working for you.
WHAT IT MEANS
The Newburgh Library Collaborative (NLC) strengthens educational opportunity in Newburgh by providing access to our collective resources, offering research support, and teaching information literacy skills at every level.
Participating libraries include:
- Newburgh Free Library
- SUNY Orange (Newburgh and Middletown campuses)
- Mount Saint Mary College
- Newburgh Free Academy
WHAT YOU GET
The NLC libraries provide in-person loan of library materials, reference service, and onsite use of collections to any eligible member of each participating library.
Policies regarding the use of materials and resources may vary at participating libraries. The lending library’s policies apply to all borrowers.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Anyone with a valid library card from one NLC library plus appropriate identification will be issued a card by any of the other NLC partners. Newburgh Free Library users must present their card plus photo identification; academic library users must present their card and institution-issued identification.
HOW MUCH WILL I SAVE?
A NLC card is free. This saves the visitor’s fee of
- $50 at Newburgh Free Library
- $5 at SUNY Orange Libraries
- $20 at Mount Saint Mary College’s Curtin Library.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Borrowers must present the collaborative card for services.
- Borrowed items may be returned to any NLC library.
- Interlibrary loan service is provided at the user’s home library.
- NLC privileges expire after 6 months, renewable upon presentation of current documents shown above.
- Public access to the Newburgh Free Academy Library and its resources is not included. However, NFA students may use the other NLC libraries.
For more information, call us at 845-563-3610 or 563-3630.