Thank you for your interest in making a donation to the Newburgh Free Library.
We will accept:
- Current hardcover and paperback books in good condition.
- Donations of up to 50 books that can be dropped off at the bin inside the entrance of the library. Please bring donations to the Newburgh Library during open hours. Do do leave them in front of the library or at the back entrance.
- Donations of more than 50 books must be reviewed by a member of the Friends for quality control. To make a donation of over 50 books, please call our Administration Office (845) 563-3605 to obtain the phone number of the Friends.
We cannot accept:
- We cannot use damaged books (e.g., broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty or moldy, excessive writing in the text) or clearly outdated materials. Please do not donate books that have been stored for a long time in an attic or basement because they often become musty or smelly and do not sell.
- Clearly outdated materials especially computer books and computer programs
- Condensed books (Reader’s Digest)
- CDs or DVDs
- Workbooks or study guides
Frequently Asked Questions
How much can I claim as a charitable donation?
- We do not determine the value of the donation. Receipts can be provided designating how many paperbacks and hardbacks were donated.
What happens to the items I donate?
- Depending on the quality and condition of the donated items, they will be put into our semi-annual book sales, put into the general collection of the library, or given away at community outreach events or to local agencies. Proceeds support the services and programs of the Newburgh Free Library.
For more information, call (845) 563-3605 or (845) 563-19 or e-mail email@example.com.