Reserve / renew materials
You can reserve library materials or request an interlibrary loan from a library outside our system in several different ways. And you can renew library materials in person, by telephone or through your online account.
RESERVING MATERIALS (“PLACING ON HOLD” OR “REQUESTING”)
When you request an item, it may come from Newburgh Free Library’s own collection or from another RCLS member library. To place your request, use one of the following methods:
1. call the Reference or Information Desk at 845.563.3625 or 845.563.3618 – a librarian will place up to 3 requests for you over the telephone
2. click on “Catalog” (also found in a blue box on the top of each page in our website)
- Once you are in the Catalog, you will see a tab for “My Account” at the top of the screen. Click here to log in using your library card number and pin (last 4 digits of your telephone number)
- search for the item you want to request and click on “Place a Hold”
- you can do these steps in either order.
**Note that if you are requesting something that comes in parts, you will need to ask a librarian (either in person or on the telephone) to do this for you to be sure you get the part you want. For example, a TV series may be packaged so that each season is divided into several sets of episodes. A request for a particular set must be done by a librarian.
3. come in to the Library and place your request on one of our catalog workstations or ask a librarian for assistance.
This section refers to materials that we will obtain for you from a library outside the RCLS consortium. You can not place these requests electronically. Instead, please either
1. come in to the Library
2. telephone 845.563.3625 or 845.563.3618 to speak with a librarian. These requests may take a week or more to be filled and may be subject to a processing charge by the lending library. Please be sure that you have paid any bills for overdues or lost materials before placing these requests.
RENEWING LIBRARY MATERIALs
You can renew library materials by
1. stopping at the Library’s Circulation Desk.
2. calling the Library (563-3600)
3. click on “Catalog” (also found in a blue box on the top of each page in our website).
Once you are in the catalog. you will see a tab for “My Account” – click here to log in using your library card number and pin (last 4 digits of your telephone number)
UNDER “MY ACCOUNT” YOU CAN
1. see the items you have checked out and their due dates
2. renew any of those items that are not overdue and have not been requested by other borrowers
3. see items that you have requested, your place in the request queue and whether they are ready for you to pick up
4. any fines, fees or other blocks on your library record
The information in “My Account” only covers items owned by an RCLS member library. If you have requested or borrowed an item from a library outside our consortium, you may see it on your record but you will not be able to renew it. To renew these items, please call the Circulation Desk at 845.563.3600.
Do you have another question? Call Circulation Services (845.563.3600) or email email@example.com