Story Times are free and offered 3 times a year—Fall, Winter, and Spring—in 6 week sessions.
For information on the Spring 2014 Preschool Story Times, held at the Main Library,
For information on the Spring 2014 Preschool Drop-in Story Times, held at the Town Branch in the Newburgh Mall, click here.
In-Person Registration is conducted two weeks prior to programs starting. Residency is not a requirement although preference for enrollment is given to residents of the Newburgh Enlarged City School District.
Programs are designed to be age appropriate for children from birth to age 5 and offer an opportunity for children to develop social skills, practice listening skills, discover age appropriate stories and be introduced to the library. The programs are:
- Lapsit: for babies from birth to 18 months with a parent or caregiver. Program is approximately 30 minutes of stories, songs and finger plays plus socialization time.
- Toddler Time: for children 18 months to 36 months with a parent or caregiver. Program is approximately 1 hour of free play, snack and circle time consisting of stories, songs and finger plays.
- Play & Learn Together (formerly the Parent & Child Workshop): for children from 18 to 36 months with a parent or caregiver. For those attending Toddler programs for the first time. Younger siblings are welcome. Program is approximately 1 hour of free play, snack, and circle time with stories, songs and finger plays plus participation by professionals who are knowledgeable about child development. For this program, the Library partners with Early Intervention of Orange County Department of Health.
- Story Time for 3’s: for children who are 3 years old with a parent or caregiver. Program is approximately 35 minutes of stories, songs and a creative activity.
- Story Time For 4 & 5’s: for children who are 4 or 5 years old and not yet attending Kindergarten. Children attend the program by themselves; parents or caregivers are asked to stay in the library. Program is approximately 45 minutes of stories, songs and a creative activity.